Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Plugging along

Not much that is picture worthy, yet, but we've been plugging along on some house projects.

Matt has been doing tons of digging on the north side of the house, as the dirt was so high on that it was covering some of our siding. The inspector suggested that the dirt was 6" lower than the siding, so we've been digging it out, and then digging it even lower further away from the house so the water just doesn't run right back in to the basement! Today as it was pouring rain outside I looked at Matt's little trough, and sure enough, it was collecting water! That's just a five foot wide strip between our house and the lot line, which is a tall fence right now. There isn't much to do there so we were thinking we might just put gravel over that part.


I have been hanging shelves like crazy to try and eek some more storage out of this house. Two shelves in the laundry room went up yesterday, one above a coat hook next to the front door went up last week and four big ones in our kitchen today. We moved in four months ago and today I finally was able to unpack the rest of our kitchen supplies!



My birthday was on Monday and Matt's is coming up soon, so my parents sent us a joint birthday gift of a Home Depot gift card and this book:




I've decided I am now ready to tackle some projects like removing the living room wall sconces from the wall and maybe, just maybe, replacing the faucet in the bathroom sink. We'll see.

I was hoping to finish the painting on the living room walls this morning but it turns out installing shelves took most of my day. As these projects usually do. I'm also about ready for a second, or bigger, toolbox! Yee haw!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, Sybil! (and Matt, of course.)

    I love shelves...they add visual interest as well as storage, don't you think? they make me want stuff to look really nice, even though it usually doesn't stay that way. :) I'm impressed that you're putting them up yourself, too. awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!