Monday, June 1, 2009

Day 37: paperwork and packing

Having never bought a house before, I have nothing to compare it to, but OH MY GOD is there alot of stupid paperwork to do for our loan!

For instance, for our down payment. The money essentially came from three different bank accounts. From our joint checking, joint savings and my personal savings. For whatever reason, our mortgage broker is having me gift the down payment to MY HUSBAND. I have to fill out an insane amount of paperwork to do this. I have had to print off, scan and email many, many pages of bank statements. To (mostly) GIFT MONEY FROM OUR JOINT ACCOUNT TO MY OWN HUSBAND. It's insane. But we're jumping through these stupid hoops because that's what we have to do in order to buy this house. But please, FHA people, this is STUPID and is wasting your time, our broker's time and MY time!

We've also started packing. It's going to take more days than we have left in order to complete this chore! Not only do we have to do a ton of packing, but we have to do a million little things to get this apartment back together so that we might possibly get something back from our security deposit. It's already annoying, but it's just part of the process. There is a light at the end of the tunnel!

Today I was going to visit a friend who lives near where our new house is, so I decided to swing by and see how everything was looking at our place. I was excited to a couple of guys out there hard at work fixing what I can only guess was the siding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!