Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Day 58: We're Movin' In!

We finally got the call last night just after 5:00 that we are officially homeowners. Not surprisingly, the time previous to our realtor's call was shrouded in drama and lawyers. I was told at about 11:00 yesterday that the seller had called and told escrow to stop the deal, but then he had called back and said go ahead. Between that time and the time we were told we finally, finally!, got the house, lawyers were involved, brokers were in involved, it sounded pretty messy. ALL of it was because the a-hole we're buying this house from is a money-grubbing low-life. Rumor has it that he ended up taking a chunk of HIS realtor's commission (instead of ours). Certainly there is a special kind of karma that comes back around for guys like that.

So we're moving today! Got to bed close to 1:00 and was up at 5:30-- not by choice, mind you. My alarm was already set for the ungodly hour of 7:15. My brain just started racing, I'm still coughing and my nose was plugged, so I figured why lay there and torture myself? I got up and took the dog out to pee on the grass out front in my pajamas for the LAST time. Lots of lasts happening in this home over the past 24 hours! I made the girls take a bath last night, since we don't (currently) have a tub at our new house. Hopefully a backyard kiddie pool will suffice for them through the summer while we figure out how to do the basement remodel and get them a beloved bathtub.

I'm also wondering if I want to keep doing this blog-- turn it in to the trials and tribulations of first-time homeowners. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!