Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Back and Forth

If you lived inside my head, you would be dizzy with all of the choices I've made in the last 24 hours. None that have stuck, mind you, just lots and lots of anger, sadness, excitement, elation, interest and disinterest that have caused me to say yes, then no, then yes again to a million decisions about this whole house search.

As I pointed out by FAR the most houses in our price range are on the South or Southwest side of the city. I am so paralyzed by my fear of the higher crime in these two parts of town that it's hard for me to see past it and realize that there are so many good points to these areas.

This morning I decided to load the girls up and get in the car and go for a drive to explore some more areas. Unfortunately my handy dandy map (see my last post) wouldn't load on my G1 (my phone) so I only stuck close to one little area that I knew of three houses in. They are all on the Northeast side of West Seattle in a sweet little area very close to where Matt and I were married. Interestingly, as I was complaining about the school choices in West Seattle to my friend at school, she pointed out that there is a great one called Pathfinder that is a K-8 alternative school. When I looked the school up I was pleased with what I found out about it. THEN I looked up the address and it was less than a mile from where these three houses are that we are interested in. Hmmmm. Maybe things are looking up? Of course, that doesn't solve the issue with getting Eloise back and forth to school on the north side of Queen Anne (which, by contrast, is six miles away and across a freeway that the city will be tearing down one of these millenia). BUT, it's still good. Still progress. I am hoping we can see these homes when Matt gets back from Orlando!

So I'm feeling better. After being next to tears last night over the lack of desirable options, things are looking up. At least a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!