Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Day 17: Twiddling Thumbs

In case you didn't know, the technical term for what we are in the middle of right now is "thumb twiddling time". Yep. We put in our offer last night and the sellers have until 9:00 pm tonight to respond. We are waiting, rather impatiently, waiting and waiting!

It was amazing how much work it was to put an offer in on this house. Our realtor spent many hours on Sunday-- Mother's Day-- putting together a CMA (comparative market analysis) and then was up until almost midnight explaining it to me over the phone. Matt and I spoke on Monday morning about what kind of offer we wanted to make and then did a conference call with our realtor that afternoon to let him know. Knowing what our offer would be, our realtor spent several more hours preparing the paperwork for the offer he would present to the sellers. Then he emailed it all to me and we spent another hour on the phone so he could explain it all. I had to print off all of the forms and have Matt initial/date them all. I then scanned them all in to the computer and emailed them back. This took me an insanely long time as I'm not nearly as computer savvy as I wish I was!

Our realtor called at 10:00 last night to let me know the offer was submitted and Matt and I just needed cross our fingers and twiddle our thumbs at this point until we got a response.

I got a call again today from our realtor letting us know that the seller's agent was trying to pick apart things like our closing date, etc etc, but I think we'll come out with what we need in the end.

Be waiting for the final update later tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!