Saturday, May 2, 2009

Day Seven: Lowering Expectations

Last night our realtor emailed us about 250 listings that matched our criteria. I didn't LOVE any of them. I do, however, have a list of about 10-12 that I liked and want to see. It's so frustrating to be absolutely in love with the neighborhood that we rent in but just can't afford to buy in. There is one lone house about four blocks away from our apartment that I want to see, but it's been on the market for over a year, which is a red flag. An affordable home in this 'hood is unheard of, let alone one that's been sitting around for that long. I am interested to see what is wrong with it (or maybe the house was just waiting for us to come along and buy it? ha ha).

Even though Matt has to get ready for a business trip, I am dragging the whole family out to do some window shopping on the houses that I put on my short list. Some are in the North/Northeast part of Seattle and a few are in the Southwest part. There are many, many great houses in the South end of the city, but that just isn't where we want to live. Well, I should say, where I don't want to live. It's fine with Matt, but I am not excited about the schools or the higher crime rates in most of the neighborhoods in the South end. I just wouldn't feel as safe. Which is interesting, before I had children I would have balked at anyone who said Seattle had "bad neighborhoods" but now that I'm a mom? I even find the mini-mart three blocks from our apartment too sketchy. Ah, the perspective!

Anyways, will report back later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!