Friday, May 8, 2009

Day 13: Pretty much unlucky

Matt got home from Orlando late last night and took the day off of work so that we would have the chance to go and look at houses together. I asked to see six different properties and for various reasons, we only got to see two. Our realtor said the response he was getting from people whose homes we wanted to see was "frustrating" and yeah, that pretty much summed up the way we felt about it, too.

We did see two, though. Won't be buying either of them. The first one was actually pretty nice, though. We mostly liked everything about it, except for the big negative: it backed up to a freeway. I personally didn't think it would be THAT big of a deal but our realtor put on his, well, realtor hat, and said we would have as hard of a time selling the house as the current sellers are. The house has been on the market like two years. Ah, well.

The next house I wanted to see purely for location. You know what they say: location, location, location! It didn't look too pretty from the outside, and wow, not from the inside AT ALL. In addition to the foundation pretty much falling apart.

We will be seeing the West Seattle houses either tomorrow or Sunday, though. Those are the ones I'm most excited about as I am psyching myself up for the neighborhood over there and a great alternative school that is super, super close to where these houses are.

This week has carried with it a boat-load of frustration over un-met expectations of how this process would go. Luckily we had a great chat with our realtor and I think we're all headed in the right direction, though I am sure some more stuff will come up that we'll have to work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!