Friday, May 1, 2009

Day Six: Planning Session

Today we finally met with our realtor. I had met him last year at the home buying seminar and I really liked him, but Matt had never met him before. I had a feeling Matt would really like him and I was so glad that he did.

Our meeting was supposed to last 45 minutes but we were there for an hour and 40. We certainly could have stayed longer! I feel like I could talk about houses and home buying constantly. The whole process really fascinates me.

Tonight we mostly went over the process of buying the house, learned about exactly what our realtor would do for us and signed our contract. Loving that WA state still requires the seller to pay our realtor's fees instead of us, the buyer. Tee Hee. Seems like that part is totally backwards, but hey, it saves us money!

We should be getting a list of properties very soon that are on the MLS that fit our criteria of price, location, number of bedrooms and number of bathrooms. It will then be our job to go through the list and find five or six that we want to see in person. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!